Due to the threat of severe weather conditions resulting from Hurricane Ida, all Hinds County Human Resource Agency offices and Head Start centers will be closed Monday, August 30, 2021.
- Appointments scheduled for 8/30/21 have been canceled. Family opportunities advisors will contact customers to reschedule appointments.
- No transportation services will be provided. Customers should be prepared to make other travel arrangements or reschedule appointments.
- No virtual or in-person classes will be held.
- Parent Committee election meetings scheduled for 8/30/21 have been canceled. Election meetings will be held at a later date. Information is forthcoming.
We will continue to monitor conditions and make adjustments as needed to safeguard our clients, Head Start families, and staff. For the latest updates, please be sure to visit our website at www.hchra.org.
Due to rising COVID-19 infections, the Hinds County Human Resource Agency Head Start program will start school on August 23, 2021, instead of August 9.
Mississippi is currently experiencing substantial and high levels of transmission of COVID-19, with increased cases, hospitalizations, and numerous outbreaks in multiple settings, including among students in school settings. The proportion of cases and hospitalizations among children under 18 years of age is rapidly increasing.
After careful deliberation, the decision to delay the start of school was made in an effort to help protect the health and safety of our Head Start families and staff. It is our hope that the level of transmission will subside within the next couple of weeks, and we can all look forward to safe in-person learning on Monday, August 23.
If you have questions or need more information about the delayed start, please contact your center administrator.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. We look forward to seeing you at school on August 23, 2021.
Due to problems with the City of Jackson’s well water systems, HCHRA’s Central Office location has no/low water pressure. For health and safety reasons, Central Office staff will work remotely until water pressure is restored. There will be no interruption in the delivery of service to our customers.
- All client appointments will be conducted via teleconference as scheduled.
- Rural Transportation services are being provided as scheduled.
- All Head Start centers remain open and student instruction will be provided as usual.
- The May 19, 2021 Board of Directors Meeting will be conducted as scheduled.
Central Office staff will be available by phone and/or email during normal business hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. To deliver a message to a staff member, call (601) 923-1822 or email us at email@example.com. This applies to Central Office staff only. All other staff members are working at their assigned locations as usual. Hours of operation and points of contact remain the same.
We will continue to monitor conditions and keep you updated on any operational changes. The latest updates can always be found here on our website at www.hchra.org.
If you are a Hinds County resident who would like to schedule an appointment for services, go online to hchra.itfrontdesk.com or call (601) 962-5935.