Hinds County Human Resource Agency (HCHRA) created an internal division called the Department of Family Opportunities (DFO). It was developed to meet all HCHRA’s desired case management outputs and outcomes. In addition to providing access to our internal services, HCHRA plans to maintain current partnerships and linkages with other community service providers and, whenever possible, identify and solidify additional opportunities to leverage more support for the families we serve.
HCHRA is engaged in extensive planning, training, engagement, and customization process requiring regular attendance, consensus building, and model development. The elements of the standard operating procedure include:
- Standardized policies for service delivery, including common language and definitions.
- Data models are organized by domains identifying services and outcomes and how they are associated for purposes of service delivery, reporting, and evaluation.
- Assessment scales for measuring client progress and documenting achievement of outcomes.
- A standardized case management process.
- Service delivery map or flowchart.
MEET OUR DFO LEADERSHIP TEAM
Janice M. Foster
Janice M. Foster joined Hinds County Human Resource Agency in 2022 as the Transportation Director. She earned her Associate of Arts Degree in Office Systems Technology from Hinds Community College, a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from Jackson State University, a Master of Science in Hazardous Materials Management, and a Master of Science in Education Technology from Jackson State University.
Janice brings over 15 years of professional experience with a comprehensive understanding of the transportation industry. She holds a Class A CDL License with Double, Triple, Hazmat, and Tanker endorsements, and is an experienced Commercial Drivers Classroom Instructor. She is also certified as a Third Party Examiner for the State of Mississippi.