Hinds County Human Resource Agency (HCHRA) created an internal division called the Department of Family Opportunities (DFO). It was developed to meet all HCHRA’s desired case management outputs and outcomes. In addition to providing access to our internal services, HCHRA plans to maintain current partnerships and linkages with other community service providers and, whenever possible, identify and solidify additional opportunities to leverage more support for the families we serve.
HCHRA is engaged in extensive planning, training, engagement, and customization process requiring regular attendance, consensus building, and model development. The elements of the standard operating procedure include:
- Standardized policies for service delivery, including common language and definitions.
- Data models are organized by domains identifying services and outcomes and how they are associated for purposes of service delivery, reporting, and evaluation.
- Assessment scales for measuring client progress and documenting achievement of outcomes.
- A standardized case management process.
- Service delivery map or flowchart.
MEET OUR HS/EHS LEADERSHIP TEAM
Tania Smith joined 2019 and serves as the Associate Vice President for the Department of Family Opportunities. She is a graduate of Belhaven University, where she obtained her Master’s in Public Administration.
Tania is a dedicated professional with nearly 15 years of organizational skills, management skills, and administrative leadership experience.
She is diligent in assisting families through the various steps to becoming self-sufficient.
She enjoys working with children and families and feels it is a privilege to be a part of the HCHRA Family Opportunities Department.