Hinds County Human Resource Agency (HCHRA) created and internal division called the Department of Community Programs and Services (DCP). It was developed to meet all HCHRA’s desired case management outputs and outcomes. In addition to providing access to our internal services, HCHRA plans to maintain current partnerships and linkages with other community service providers and whenever possible, identify and solidify additional opportunities to leverage more support for the families we serve.
For nearly two years, HCHRA has been involved in an extensive planning, training, engagement, and customization process requiring regular attendance, consensus building and model development. The elements of the standard operating procedure include:
- Standardized policies for service delivery including common language and definitions.
- Data models organized by domains identifying services and outcomes and how they are associated for purposes of service delivery, reporting, and evaluation.
- e and the bundling of services.
- Assessment scales for measuring client progress and documenting achievement of outcomes.
- A standardized case management process.
- Service delivery map or flowchart.
MEET OUR DCP LEADERSHIP
Cornelius Beasley is a graduate of Tougaloo College. Cornelius currently serves as the Assistant Vice President of Community Programs. He has been with HCHRA since 2017, and has been in Community Action for over 9 years. Cornelius was selected as Community Programs Administrative staff of the year in November 2017. He continues to strive for the agency motto “Helping Families, Strengthen Communities”.
Patricia Slaughter is a graduate of Jackson State University. She currently serves as the Transportation Director. Patricia has been with HCHRA since July 2017, and brings with her over 12 years in Community Action. She is a strong advocate for the underserved population in Central Mississippi. She strives to connect people to resources that are necessary to enhance the effective functioning and well-being of the population she serves.